Studio Policies 2017-2018
- Arrives at each lesson on time, well prepared, and with all necessary materials.
- Schedules daily practice without distractions.
- Takes advantage of performance opportunities provided by the teacher and obtains teacher’s consent for all other performance.
- Support the fulfilling of the student’s responsibilities and encourage progress.
- Provide an instrument in the best possible condition, chair or bench at correct height, and adequate lighting, in a location that allows uninterrupted practice.
Payment & Attendance
The year consists of two 20 week semesters. There will be a total of 40 private lessons (@30, 45, or 60 minutes) Students who are advanced and/or serious about developing their ability are encouraged to schedule lessons for one hour.
Payment for the year shall consist of 10 equal payments covering 4 sessions for each payment. The payment always covers some lessons of the previous months as well as some in the month of the payment. Payments should be made by the first of each month from September through June at a rate per month of $70.00 for four half-hour lessons, $105.00 for four 45 minute lessons, and $140 for four one-hour lessons. Lessons during the summer session are encouraged but scheduled on an individual, pro rated basis. Please note: payments reflect 1/10th of the yearly tuition and do not have any relationship to lessons from a given month of that payment. Payment for everything should be by check only, payable to Joseph J. Licitri.
- A minimum of one week’s notice must be given for any planned absences in order that the lesson can be rescheduled during the same week or earlier. There will be no make-up lessons for unexcused missed lessons.
- Lessons may be terminated if the student is irregular in attendance, repeatedly fails to prepare assigned material or is disruptive.
- Due to the limited number of lesson times available, returning students enrolling in the fall will be expected to complete the entire school year (40 sessions).
New students may begin and have the option of discontinuing during the year. Those returning students who are unwilling to make the commitment for the year should not enroll. Parents and/or students who return to continue lessons are financially responsible for the year’s full tuition. A student’s interest level and commitment are the responsibility of the student and parents.
- Late registrations are accepted if there are open places. Those students registering late will receive credit off of the tuition for the lesson weeks missed.